European universities are working to standardize degree systems. For EU students, choosing to study in Europe outside your home country should be relatively straightforward, with tuition fees charged at local rates and no visa requirements.
How much will a European education cost?
The cost of studying in Europe varies greatly by country and region but a truly world-class education is obtainable without overextending your budget
- Course fees and living expenses are reasonable, but they can vary widely by country and region – see course profiles for more detailed information*
- Course duration ranges from 3-4 years for undergraduate courses and 1+ years for postgraduate courses
*Please note that courses in medicine and some engineering programs may be more expensive than the costs given. See the course descriptions on this site for the most up-to-date course costs.
Learn more about intake dates, application deadlines, student visas and English language requirements before applying to a European University or College.
- Intake dates vary from country to country but most countries have a main intake in September or October (rolling intake for some programs and institutions) – see course descriptions for more detailed information
- For more information about application deadlines and visa requirements read ourStudy Abroad Blog.
- Preferred English language test is IELTS for universities or colleges with programs taught in English. TOEFL is also widely accepted.